Years 7-12 BYOD requirements
When purchasing a device you may wish to consider how the device will be used both in and out of school. For in school use we consider the minimum specifications (below) to be sufficient.
- iPad (iPad Air (any version), iPad Pro (any version), 2017 iPad, 2018 iPad, iPad mini 3 or above) running iOS 12
- Mac laptop running macOS Sierra or above
- Windows laptop running Windows 8 or above
* Please note that from 2020 the College recommends that students in Years 7-12 use a device with a full operating system (Mac OS or Microsoft Windows). This is a recommendation rather than a mandated change to the current program and iPads will still be listed as an acceptable device in our 2020 BYOD device requirements.
- 6+ hours
- iPad: 32GB + recommended
- Laptop: 128GB minimum
- Laptop: 4GB minimum, 8GB recommended
- Must be wifi enabled
- 802.11ac WiFi connectivity strongly recommended (minimum capability 802.11n)
- for iPad we recommend wifi-only to reduce cost and to ensure that internet access is filtered whilst on campus
- We recommend purchasing a sturdy shell-case/cover to protect the device
- Headphones (we recommend volume limited headphones to minimise exposure to loud music or sounds)
- Hebrew alphabet keyboard overlay/stickers (laptops only)
- An external keyboard for the iPad/iPad mini is not a requirement but rather a matter of preference
- Camera/internal microphone
- We strongly recommend purchasing an extended warranty (such as the AppleCare Protection Plan) and/or comprehensive insurance. Please note that student owned devices are not covered by the College’s insurance policies.
- Students discounts may be available when purchasing devices (you may be asked to provide a Student ID card)
- Please ensure that the device is clearly labelled with the student’s name